Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Carrie Fisher Roasts George Lucas - Another Reason to Love Leia


I love Carrie Fisher!
Yes, yes, I know, who doesn't?
Not only did she bring the perfect amount of sass to my all time favorite Princess, but I do believe that she is is a comedic genius!


I know this clip has been around for awhile, but I laugh at it every time I come across it. I love watching her her talk, because she has such a great sense of timing with all of her jokes.
Most of them are excerpts from her autobiography Wishful Drinking, which I own and love.


It's a great read and I recommend that you go and get it!
(While you're at it, grab Postcards From The Edge. It's also a delightful read, although not quite as good as Wishful Drinking.)
It's amazing to read about her account of growing up as a child of celebrities, how Star Wars changed her life and how she dealt with all the pressure. I admire her courage to come clean about her drug addiction, her ex-husband coming out of the closet and how she deals with life as a whole, mostly with the help of humor.
So here's to Carrie Fisher!
Hip Hip Hooray!

@._.@

No comments:

Post a Comment